Monday, November 7, 2011

Alone in my House

It's rare that I get a minute really all to myself.  Usually I have Nathan here to keep me company.  But tonight, Nathan's on a business trip, Jason's with Shanna, and Trevor is at USU studying.  The girls are at their homes taking care of family....what to do?  So many choices.  So I'm sitting here trying to put a few thoughts on virtual paper.  It seems that even when I am physically alone, I still want to be connected with friends and family...ergo, a few minutes on Facebook (so easy to connect and still be unhindered by unnecessary chatter), post a few comments on friends' blogs (hopefully they don't mind), and then send a few texts on the iPhone (again, no interaction to "speak" of). It has been a "quiet" night as far as sounds go, but thoughts still come and make noise in my head.

Everything seems to be on speed dial these days...so much technology to help us be "faster".  But I love having a good old fashioned lunch with my friends in person or taking a trip to catch up with friends from college days or having a sleep over with your daughter and laughing so hard because one of you "fluffed" under the covers.  Isn't it better to be connected with a real voice on the other end of the conversation or to be able to give someone a hug in person?  Well, of course, you would agree....but, there is something to be said for time to reflect and have quiet time all to yourself.  I'm just not sure what to say to myself 

except....
Enjoy your friends

Play with your kids and grandchildren













Be glad you can go to work
Be grateful for a warm house in the winter
Do something nice -- for yourself and someone else
Laugh out loud even if you're sad
Have family vacations
Take lots of pictures to remind your brain and heart



 Move your body




Always smile at someone each day

Say your prayers and feel God's love







and now....I'm getting up to do something with my body...

No comments:

Post a Comment